Thursday, December 14, 2006

Recognition

.....claps...claps...a few whistles amidst....cheering all around...whewoooooooo…kudos...claps...claps!!!

Laurels?? Yes.

Who doesn’t like to be recognized??
Who doesn’t likes being conferred on for their achievement??
Who doesn’t like to be appreciated at the right time at the right place and by the right person??

I guess along with the name I have inherited the weakness associated too…
Myth says that Maruti needs to be reminded of his power every now and then to boost him up and get things done…
Am no exception ;)

After 24 months of fantabulous journey in satyam…the day which marked an end to my association there had constantly reminded me of something missin on its way…

Something which ought to be in its place but missin... this left a speck of disappointment nagging at the back of my mind…but I started pushin off with rejuvenated energy racin towards my transition.

Days started rollin over at their own comfortable pace… some rushed as if being chased …

With a sense of excitement all around I was jus trying to get in the swing of things in a new place…a new continent ofcourse, new culture, new faces and last but not the least new babes!!!

but still…

one fine morning I jus happened see a mail in my inbox from someone unexpected!!! Opened it with a sense of concern and a frown ofcourse, which makes its presence seen without any benefit of doubt…I started scrolling through the content. As things are a click away in an email…i jus couldn’t open it up in slow motion!!! ALAS…

As the words started turning into meaningful sentence... frown slowly lifted off transforming into a smile and joy!!!

It was an appreciation mail from my unit HR about me being conferred with a Pat-On-The-Back!!!!

Yes… it was then I realized that the reason behind my ‘but still…’ a recognition which came to me as a posthumous award…but I took it as…it was then by the time they realized!!! :)

There are two things people want more than sex and money... recognition and praise!!!

1 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pavan, too good... i totally agree that recognition and praise is something each of us really look for. Too good way of putting those in your blog. Really enjoyed reading this one... Good start Pavan.. way to go man... You started of really well.... its gonna be tough for you coz expectations now are high on you... keep going...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home