Thursday, August 20, 2009

my cooking got a culture shock...

I pride on the fact that 'I can cook'...to add essence on what I pride upon 'I have never stepped into the kitchen in my home to cook'...

the first time I had to stay away from my home was when I got placed into Satyam and got kicked to Chennai as part of my first project...and it was there I was successful in my experiments on the stove with near perfect performance all the times...and here I'm 'a cook with a taste'...

the journey continued...and if you are a follower of my blogs..I eventually ended up in the US!!

the first time we went to walmart all by ourselves and I picked up a "cabbage" wrapped in cling wrap and was amazed at the freshness of the vegetable...got our stuff billed and headed home excited to butcher the "cabbage" and feast...

it raised no doubt even while I was cutting it..all the way through I was seriously amazed at the freshness and crisp of the veggie...started cooking it in a traditional style and was dreaming it to be as close as possible in taste to what my mom made...

for those who cook cabbage might know that it takes less than 40 mins for the curry to be ready if started from scratch without pre cooking it...but..to my surprise this "cabbage" of mine took more than 4 hours but was not ready...the surprising part was that when ever I open the lid of the pan it was my turn to get amazed at the crisp of the veggie...

finally after 4.5 hours decided to eat it the way it is...and it was a disaster...then I had to swallow the pill called pride and started retrospection...guess what came to me as a dawn of revelation?? ofcourse after 2 days when I first stepped into subway!!

if you have high IQ as me you might have got it by now [:D]...and to my surprise I never knew there is a veggie like that which resembled cabbage when I was back in India...it was like a culture shock to my cooking!!

Thanks to my roomies who accepted this episode in a smoothest possible manner...

yesss...my nicknamed "cabbage" was indeed "lettuce"!!@#$%^&*()

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home